The Crew Drop In space is on Cockburn Street in the centre of Edinburgh and is run by staff and volunteers. We try to create a fun, friendly and informal atmosphere where you can access:
- free up-to-date information, advice and one to one support on drugs and sexual health;
- free condoms, dams and lube via the NHS Lothian C:Card service;
- free pregnancy testing service;
- free testing for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV;
- free DJ workshops;
- information about volunteering with Crew;
- information about the complementary therapies we offer
- a safe space to chat to someone in confidence about any concerns around your drug use, someone else’s use, and accessing our drug counselling or other services.
Come and check us out, we’d love to see you and there’s no need for an appointment – just turn up during our opening hours:
Monday – Wednesday: 1 – 5pm
Thursday: 3 – 7pm
Friday and Saturday: 1 – 5pm
Information for professionals
The Drop-in team are part of a city-wide network of organisations collectively known as the Young Person’s Substance Use Service (YPSUS). We work with young people who are taking drugs and alcohol and offer one to one support and treatment.
We also offer bespoke drug and sexual health workshops for young people which aim to challenge opinions around risky behaviours, build confidence and resilience and promote positive wellbeing. Training is also available for anyone working with young people who would like to increase their knowledge of the risks associated with drugs and effective harm reduction strategies and develop confidence in discussing drug and alcohol issues. To find out more please download the information leaflet or contact us.