We wanted to update everyone on what we are doing in response to COVID-19.
Our counselling and Drop-in services are affected.
Please check this page regularly and our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for the most up to date information. Current counselling clients will be updated of any changes as soon as possible.
What we are doing
The Drop-In Shop is currently closed while we make updates to the shop layout and procedures. We are currently offering a Digital Drop-in at the usual opening times and a self-service kiosk on Mondays 1-5pm and Thursdays 3-7pm where you can access c:card items and harm reduction packs. We are currently not able to offer blood-borne virus testing or pregnancy testing: to find out how you can access sexual health services in Lothian visit www.lothiansexualhealth.scot
Email our Drop-in team to chat firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message via social media.
If you need support from another drug service or to access harm reduction materials visit www.scottishdrugservices.com to find your closest service provider.
Our counselling service is also no longer operating face to face sessions. Our existing counselling clients are now receiving distance counselling via the phone or an online video platform. We are open to new counselling referrals but do have a waiting list. Please email email@example.com.
For information on other drug services please visit www.scottishdrugservices.com.
Our outreach services are currently postponed. We hope to be out and about again soon and will keep updated via social media and our website of any changes.
Our expert witnesses will be following government advice but may be available for work that be completed at home.
- a cough
- fever (high temperature)
- shortness of breath
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sneeze/cough into your elbow – bin any tissues straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – washing them for at least 20 seconds.
- When soap and water are not available – use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell and self isolate if have any of the symptoms.
- Avoid touching your face if your hands are not clean.
- Clean and disinfect any frequently touched objects and surfaces – including your phone!