As festival season kicks into full swing we would like highlight some top tips for staying safe while still having fun!
- Make sure you have planned your way home in advance and have enough money left over to get there if your original plans go wrong
- Try to be well rested, well fed and hydrated before going – you will be using up a lot of energy having fun!
- If you get to the entrance and realise that you need to use the amnesty bin – do that. Avoid swallowing all your drugs!
- Dose low and go slow. This goes for all drugs – including alcohol
- Agree on a meeting point if you get lost – phones run out of battery, people get distracted and dancing can wash you into the sea of the crowd. If you have a set meeting point and time then it makes it easier to stick together and stay safe
- Send timestamps with your text messages – that way you know when your pals were in the spot they said they are. No more missing each other
- Write important numbers down on the back of your wristband